Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. ~ Proverbs 22:6

Friday, September 16, 2011

Why me?...or Why not?

This week seems to be flying by, I cannot believe it is Friday already! I'm so siked for this weekend and it's really not that exciting, I just want to be able to share time with my family and friends. I'm so incredibly blessed to have such an amazing circle of support and for that I am thankful everyday. Upon waking up this morning with that cold air nipping at the wrinkles in the sheets, I hap to smile cause Autumn truly is my favorite season and even at these very small signs that it is approaching is just literally a breath of fresh air. Long sleeve shirts, jeans and sneakers, pretty sweaters for Rissa and nice warm hoodies for Nick. I thought to myself as I poured my first cup of coffee this morning and watched the steam swirl away, how lucky blessed I am to be able to enjoy such things. Just to be able to feel that crisp morning air on my skin, to have a sense of smell to enjoy the fragrant coffee, to behold the sight of the steam from my cup and know what it is to see. So many times we take for granted that all these majestic things come from somewhere, from someone. He gave it all to us, surely I try to show my gratitude and praise to him but yet I wonder, how do you say thank you for such immense gifts such as sight, smell, touch.... and those are only to name a few. How do I praise and thank Him for even greater things, like My life my husband, my children, my parents and friends and all of the amazing people and places and things He has given to me!!! ... I know this blog is dragging but there are so very many "?'s" I have... So many times when we hit a rough patch in life we think to ourselves "Why me?" lately I've been on a personal mission to try to ask "Why not me?" What did I do to avoid deserving these rough times? What have I done to deserve any better than this? Who am I to cry "Why me?" Instead I think when life is at it's very best moments we need to stop and say "Why me?" I'm not sure why You chose me to receive such bountiful blessings today Lord, I'm not sure what I've done that You count me as deserving of such wonderful things, but thank You! So today my dear Readers I challenge you, to stop in the middle of some random act, whether it be a success or a failure and say thank you and ask Him and yourself "Why me?"


Until next time my friends....Be Blessed!
(Just a cute fall photo from about 2yrs ago)
GG and the kids (That's my grandmother)

No comments:

Post a Comment