Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. ~ Proverbs 22:6

Friday, April 23, 2010

In the beginning...



God Is good...He's My Inspiration!!!!


Nicholas, on a beautiful puffy cloud day!


In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth...
 
Many many years later He created Marissa....

along with many other natural disasters.... Marissa is my daily motivation to become a better mother, daily she tries me, daily I succeed. There are truly days when I am ready to give up...



Like this one...

and this one....
ok this one obviously wasn't bad...
but then I had to feed her again...
apparently I don't feed her enough,
or maybe if she started improving her
aim she'd get more in her mouth ad less ON her!

 

So throughout my day to day struggles with Marissa I began to wonder???
What it's like to be in her mind, no I didnt experiment by smudging food all over my face or eating out of the dog dish. However I do often wonder how she makes an honest decision (in her almost 2yr old mind) to accomplish the "goals" she sets for herself.  The world may never know....

So on a lighter note

We're preparing for a "yard sale" I'm so accustomed to calling them "tag sales" it's taking some getting used to. If you say tag sale down here they look at you like you have 4 heads. Anyway, I just moved into my house a little less than a year ago now, and prior to moving a had a yard sale and I thought I got rid of all my junk. Well low and behold I HAVE PLENTY MORE JUNK! Where does it come from??? So I began last week cleaning the closets and me being the fly by the seat of my pants person that I am, left a closet half cleaned for what I thought was going to be a couple hours....three days later, Nicholas come to me and says...

"Mom, what's this?" (holding a mini blind cutting razor blade)

as I caught my breath and pulled my tongue out of my throat, i replied

"Honey, thats an adult tool. Can I have it please?" (holding my breath waiting for him to defiantly dart off in the other direction, with sharp tool in hand)

"Why?" , this is my ohhh so favorite (NOT) question.

"Because it's dangerous, and Mommy needs you to slowly hand it to me before Rissa gets it." 

Thankfully he then handed me the tool which i then proceed to drop on my bare foot and cut myself, then having to hop to the bathroom (tool in hand) so as not to get blood on the carpet. I made it successfully to the bathroom, cleaned up. went back closed closet and went about the rest of my day. Then this morning while brushing Rissa's teeth I turned to put the toothpaste away just to turn back and find that Rissa found the "tool" that I left in the bathroom! AHHHHH! In anycase this tool has been properly put away where no small hands can reach it and hopefully the day is good from here on out!

Praise Jesus, for another day! He is truly amazing!

As this day gets closer and closer to the next, I find myself praying that The Lord bless us with safety and good weather tomorrow...we have Tornadoes in the forecast....


No comments:

Post a Comment